2004 Safe Drinking Water Act Excellence Awards Announced
The United States Environmental Protection Agency, Region 4 announced the winners in the Region 4 2004 Safe Drinking Water Act Excellence Awards.
The award categories are based on system size. The winners are:
Large Ground Water System:
Lee County, Green Meadows
Fort Myers, Florida
Medium Surface Water System:
City of Parsons,
Medium Ground Water System:
Spencer's Crossing Water Treatment Plant,
The criteria for the awards include, compliance with federal and state drinking water standards and all regulations for the past three years; receipt of sanitary survey results for the past three years; addressing operation, maintenance and administrative management issues; outstanding operation and maintenance practices; and quality of customer service.
The goals of the Excellence Award are to recognize and award water systems that are demonstrating commitment to compliance with the Safe Drinking Water Act through outstanding operations and maintenance practices; to heighten overall public awareness of the contributions of public water supplies for ensuring adequate and safe drinking water; and to encourage public support for maintaining an exemplary status.
More Like This
- EPA Recognizes Municipalities, Industries for Achievements in Wastewater Treatment
- Tribal Drinking Water Operator Certification Program Draft Final Guidelines
- Earth Tech-Operated Wastewater Treatment Plant in N.H. Wins EPA Regional Award
- Hanover County, Va., Water System Operator Receives EPA Award
- Destin Water Users Wins EPA Award