The Water Quality Assn. (WQA) named Robert Maisner of Tampa...
Event will include more than 100 presentations on range of groundwater topics
Held annually by the National Ground Water Assn. (NGWA), this year's Ground Water Summit, which takes place May 6 to 10 in Garden Grove, Calif., is focused on the theme "Innovate and Integrate: Succeeding as a Groundwater Professional in a Water-Short World."
More than 100 presentations ranging from aquifer storage and recovery and contaminant hydrogeology to water rights and the impact of energy production on groundwater will be made during 28 sessions centered on groundwater remediation, groundwater modeling, groundwater resources, Western groundwater issues, groundwater and society, and management and sustainability.
Invited and guest speakers at the Ground Water Summit include:
• Patricia "Pat" Mulroy, who oversees the operations of the Las Vegas Valley Water District and the Southern Nevada Water Authority;
• Dr. S. Majid Hassanizadeh, 2012 National Ground Water Research and Educational Foundation (NGWREF) Darcy Lecturer;
• Marvin F. Glotfelty, RG, 2012 NGWREF McEllhiney Lecturer (made possible by a grant from Franklin Electric Co.);
• Dr. James "Jay" S. Famiglietti, 2012 Birdsall-Dreiss Lecturer; and
• Dr. William M. Alley, 2012 David Keith Todd Lecturer.
In addition, there will be panel presentations, twilight sessions, a special session in honor of the 50th anniversary of Ground Water, NGWREF Robert Farvolden Student Awards (made possible by a grant from S.S. Papadopulos & Associates Inc.), and optional short courses taking place before and after the summit.