Abt Associates To Assist EPA Efforts to Protect Water Supply From Terrorist Attack
Under a new $86 million contract from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Abt Associates will support EPA in its efforts to protect the nation's drinking water supply from terrorist attacks. As part of the contract awarded to a team of companies led by Computer Sciences Corporation, Abt Associates will join CH2M Hill and several smaller companies in providing comprehensive services to the new Water Security Division in EPA's Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water.
"Abt Associates is very happy to be part of this team," said Gerald Stedge, associate manager of the Environment, Trade and Agriculture Division. "We are honored to have been chosen to help EPA protect our nation's drinking water resources." Stedge will fill the role of project director for Abt Associates.
EPA has primary responsibility for protecting the nation's drinking water supply, and this contract represents the first water security contract let by EPA. Abt Associates' services under the contract will include economic and regulatory analysis, survey development and implementation, information collection request development and human health risk analysis.
More Like This
- EPA Actions to Safeguard Nation's Drinking Water Supplies
- Proposal for Enhancing Security Advances
- Orlando Utilities Commission Selected to Receive First Nationwide Water Security Grants
- CSC Wins $86 Million EPA Contract to Provide Scientific and Technical Expertise
- Bill Proposes $100M to Improve Water Security