American Water’s Laura Monica Named Among ‘PR People of the Year’
Recognized at PR News awards ceremony
American Water Works Co., Inc., a water and wastewater utility company, announced that Laura Monica, senior vice president of corporate communications and external affairs, was named one of PR News’ “PR People of the Year.” Monica, along with fellow honorees, was recognized in an awards ceremony at the National Press Club in Washington.
Monica received an honorable mention award in the category of PR Team Leader for her leadership in spearheading a national communications campaign aimed at educating customers and other external audiences about the company and the complexities of the water industry. Monica conducted a communications department assessment, which led to department reorganization nationwide; established best practices and operating procedures including strategically streamlined costs; enhanced customer communications in print and online vehicles; and led her team to plan and execute proactive external communications strategies on the national level and in American Water’s service areas of 32 states and Ontario, Canada.
More Like This
- American Water’s Laura Monica Named One of New Jersey's Best 50 Women in Business
- American Water Appoints Head of Corporate Communications and External Affairs
- American Water Recognized for Customer Communications
- Bluewater Shortlisted for Transform Awards Europe
- RBF Consulting Ranks #1-- Best Firm to Work for in the Nation