American Water Accepting Applications for Environmental Grant Program in Pennsylvania
Hershey, Pa.--American Water is now accepting applications for its Environmental Grant Program to support innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect watersheds and community drinking water supplies.
Grants of up to $10,000 will be provided. Examples of activities supported by the program include watershed cleanups, reforestation efforts, underground tank inspection programs, biodiversity projects, streamside buffer restoration projects, wellhead protection initiatives and hazardous waste collection efforts.
To qualify, a proposed project must be located within Pennsylvania American Water's service area, be completed between June 1, 2007 and Nov. 1, 2007, and be a new or innovative initiative for the community or serve as significant expansion to an existing program. Projects will be judged based on criteria including clarity of project goals and projected impact, nature and strength of collaboration with other community and/or municipal organizations, evidence that the project will provide sustainable environmental results after the American Water funding ends.
Grant application forms and additional information can be found on American Water's website at http://www.amwater.com.
More Like This
- Pennsylvania American Water Accepting Applications for Environmental Grant Program
- American Water Launches Environmental Grant Program in Pennsylvania
- California American Water Accepting Applications for 2012 Environmental Grant Program
- American Water's Grant Program Funds Three Pa. Watershed Projects
- American Water Funds 2010 Environmental Grant Programs