American Water Receives National Awards For Water Quality Excellence
American Water earned Five-Year Directors Awards of Recognition from the Partnership for Safe Water this year for maintaining Phase III certification at 14 facilities.
The Partnership is a national voluntary initiative developed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and other water organizations to recognize water suppliers that consistently achieve water treatment standards that surpass EPA regulatory requirements.
"Our employees are committed to delivering the best quality water possible to our customers," said Stephen Schmitt, vice president of operations services for American Water. "We're proud to receive this recognition from the Partnership as a testament to our dedication to operational excellence."
The Directors Award is presented to water systems that have completed a review of treatment practices developed by national experts, and a four-step, self-assessment and peer-review process. This year, 14 of American Water's drinking water plants were recognized by the partnership for maintaining these standards for five years, joining 26 other American Water plants that have already received this award.
The following plants received the Directors Award in 2006:
- Illinois American Water, Illinois River Treatment Plant
- Indiana American Water, White River Treatment Plant
- Iowa American Water, East River Station Treatment Plant
- New Jersey American Water, Jumping Brook Treatment Plant
- Pennsylvania American Water, Big Run Filter Plant, Brownsville
- West Virginia American Water, Ada Treatment Plant
Treatment Plant, Crystal Lake Treatment Plant, Kane Treatment Plant, Lake Scranton Treatment Plant, Norristown Treatment Plant, Susquehanna treatment Plant, Watres Treatment Plant and White Deer Creek Treatment Plant
More Like This
- New Jersey American Water Earns National Water Quality Award
- New Jersey American Water Plant Earns National Award
- Three Utilities First to Receive National Award for Safe Water Practices
- Pennsylvania Water Treatment Plant Wins Presidents Award
- Partnership for Safe Water Honors North Carolina Utility