American Water Seeks Mobile Lab Support
Chemical spill in West Virginia impacts drinking water for the company’s treatment and distribution systems
The chemical spill in Charleston, W.Va., has impacted the drinking water for American Water's treatment and distribution systems. The company is seeking additional mobile lab support that can run samples for decision-making support as it begins to take actions to clear the system.
The method and equipment specifications are below.
- Equipment - ThermoFisher GC/MS unit utilizes SM 524. The attached files includes the protocol utilized by Eastman, the chemical producer;
- EMN-A-AC-G-GC-500_Other_Information_WARNAttch1; and
Those who have the capability can contact Nicholas Santillo Jr., CPP, PSP, PCI, director, operations security, for American Water, at 856.310.5705 (office) or 908.482.0114 (cell) for further details and logistical arrangements.
More Like This
- NSF’s Global Water Div. Announces Promotions
- Demand for Better Water Quality Increases Adoption of Mobile Water Treatment
- Siemens to Supply Mobile Water Treatment Services to Saudi Aramco, Saudi Arabia
- Culligan Expands Mobile Water Treatment Solutions Business
- Safe Water Advocates Applaud Revised Drinking Water Rule