AWWA Announces Media Relations Seminar
Seminar, Feb. 26 to 27, will provide strategies for working with the media
The American Water Works Association (AWWA) will host its first seminar of 2009, “Media Relations in Water & Wastewater Utilities” Feb. 26 to 27 in Los Angeles. The concentrated, interactive two-day seminar will provide attendees with valuable strategies and techniques for working with the media.
Participants will emerge from the seminar better prepared to communicate with clarity and confidence as part of their everyday work and whenever the press comes knocking. Presenters will discuss basic principles and strategies of media relations, media interview tips, key water issues of interest to the media and more. Participants will take part in hands-on activities throughout the seminar to hone their skills.
Seminar presenters include:
Karen P. Snyder, founder of Snyder Communication, has worked in the water and wastewater profession for 19 years, focusing on all areas of public relations and community outreach.
Greg Kail, director of public affairs for AWWA.
For more information on the seminars and registration details, go to www.awwa.org/ awwa/Education/seminars/index.cfm.
More Like This
- Water Professionals to Examine Security Issues in Upcoming Webcast
- AWWA Continues to Address Critical Security Issues
- AWWA Webcast to Discuss Advanced Disinfection of Pipelines, Storage Facilities
- Illinois Section of the AWWA to Hold Courses on Red Flag Rule
- AWWA Announces WQTC Call for Papers Deadline