Baran Group Awarded $95M Contract to Build Desalination Plant in Israel
The Baran Group, Ltd., a global provider of engineering, technology and construction solutions, was awarded a $95 million contract to build a water desalination facility by Mekorot The Water Company Ltd. The plant will be built in Ashdod, Israel, by a consortium composed of the Baran Group and Ionics Inc. a worldwide provider of water purification and water desalination.
"The Baran Group is delighted to have the opportunity to work with Ionics on this important project in Ashdod Baran looks forward to beginning construction of this new facility and for a continued relationship with Ionics," said Meir Dor, chairman and CEO of the Baran Group.
Construction of the desalination facility will be on a turnkey basis and is expected to be completed in approximately two years once construction has commenced.
Initially, the issue of the contract award was litigated in court. The terms of the contract award have been agreed to by all parties and will be submitted to court for its approval.
More Like This
- IDE to Supply $148 Million Desalination Plant to Australia
- World’s Largest Desalination Plant Running with FILMTEC Membranes
- Ionics Wins Financing Approval for Algerian Desalination Project
- Ionics Receives Orders Totaling $320 Million for World's Largest Membrane-Based Water Reuse Project
- Ionics Wins Namibian Water Desalination Deal