Black & Veatch Wins $35M Contract from Toledo
Black & Veatch has won a $35 million contract with the city of Toledo, Ohio. The company will provide program management and design services for a 15-year capital improvement to make the city's wastewater and combined sewer systems comply with federal and state regulations.
The company said Toledo awarded it the contract to oversee the $430 million, two-phase Bay View Wastewater Treatment Plant and Collection System Program.
Black & Veatch is leading a team of national and local firms providing planning, regulatory coordination, design and construction management services to abate the chronic sanitary sewer overflows and combined sewer overflows that affect local waterways during heavy rain.
Black & Veatch will provide a variety of services through the contract, including:
* Monitoring and modeling
* Analysis of technology and management alternatives
* Financial analyses
* Development of a systemwide, long-term control plan
* Design of recommended combined sewer overflow improvements
* Upgrade of the Bay View wastewater treatment plant
* Regulatory compliance
* Overseeing public involvement in and public relations for the project
"Many cities in the northeastern United States face significant challenges as they rehabilitate and upgrade aging infrastructure systems," Black & Veatch Senior Vice President Barry Seymour said. "Utilities with large, complex capital improvement programs are increasingly turning to full-service national and international engineering companies with comprehensive water and wastewater capabilities to manage implementation of these programs.
More Like This
- Black & Veatch Providing Engineering & Management for Phase II of Toledo Initiative
- Black & Veatch Forms Tunneling Department to Meet Special Water Infrastructure Needs
- Tetra Tech Awarded $17 Million in New Water Infrastructure Contracts
- Black & Veatch Opens Omaha Office to Expand Services for Water Clients
- Black & Veatch to Provide Study/Preliminary Design Services for St. Louis Area CSO Control