Calgon Carbon Awarded Contract for New System to Destroy Perchlorate
Calgon Carbon Corporation has received a contract for a commercial installation of its ISEP+™ System for the removal and on-site destruction of perchlorate. Under terms of the contract, valued at more than $14 million, Calgon Carbon will provide a complete turnkey ISEP+ System to remove and destroy perchlorate in the water at the site of a former perchlorate manufacturing facility.
A permanent Calgon Carbon Ion Exchange System will replace the temporary system, which has been successfully treating the perchlorate-containing water at the site since November of 1999. The ISEP+ installation will be the first to incorporate a module to recover the brine regenerant as well as destroy the perchlorate on site.
Commenting on the announcement, Bob O'Brien, senior vice president of Calgon Carbon, said, "A number of alternative technologies were evaluated before awarding Calgon Carbon this contract. We are pleased that they selected ISEP+."
With headquarters in Pittsburgh, Calgon Carbon Corporation offers services and solutions for making air and water cleaner and safer. The company employs approximately 1,000 people with 12 facilities and 12 sales and service centers.
More Like This
- Calgon Carbon Awarded Contract for Perchlorate Removal
- Calgon Carbon’s ISEP is First System Approved for Perchlorate, Nitrate Treatment
- Calgon Carbon Chosen to Aid in New York City Drinking Water Shortage
- Calgon Carbon Wins Patent Infringement Lawsuit
- Calgon Carbon Awarded Contract for Drinking Water Treatment in China