Calgon Carbon Completes Purchase of Waterlink Specialty Products
Calgon Carbon Corporation has completed the purchase of Waterlink Specialty Products, which is comprised of the operating units that make up Waterlink, Inc.'s former Specialty Products Division. Calgon Carbon acquired the operating assets of Waterlink, Inc.'s U.S.-based subsidiary, Barnebey Sutcliffe Corporation, and the stock of Waterlink (UK) Limited, a holding company that owns the stock of Waterlink, Inc.'s operating subsidiaries in the United Kingdom.
Barnebey Sutcliffe and Sutcliffe Speakman provide products, equipment, systems and services related to activated carbon and its uses for water and air purification, solvent recovery, odor control and chemical processing.
Commenting on the announcement, John S. Stanik, Calgon Carbon's president and chief executive officer, said, "This acquisition is consistent with our strategy to strengthen our carbon and service business. We have already begun the process of integrating Barnebey Sutcliffe and Sutcliffe Speakman with Calgon Carbon, and expect to realize many synergies that will create new growth opportunities for the combined entity."
More Like This
- Waterlink, Inc., Files for Bankruptcy
- Calgon Carbon Releases Information on Waterlink Acquisition
- Waterlink Sells Division, First Quarter Results Unable to Meet NYSE and Covenant Requirements
- Waterlink, Inc., Files for Reorganization Relief Under Chapter 11
- Waterlink Announces Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results