Calgon Carbon Corp. Wins Contract to Manage Pennsylvania Water Disinfection
The West View Water Authority in Pittsburgh has awarded a contract to Calgon Carbon Corp. to manage a Sentinel UV disinfection system--the largest in the nation for municipal drinking water treatment.
The contract includes a ten-year service agreement for Calgon Carbon to provide complete service and maintenance of the Sentinel system, which also will be the first of its kind in Pennsylvania for surface water treatment.
The new system will treat up to 40 million gallons of water per day for 200,000 consumers in Western Pennsylvania. The disinfection will protect consumers against viruses, bacteria and parasites such as cryptosporidium parvum, a common surface water parasite highly resistant to traditional treatment methods such as chlorination.
(Source: Calgon Carbon Corp.)
More Like This
- Calgon Carbon to Provide UV Treatment for Massachusetts Water Treatment Plant
- Calgon Carbon Awarded Contract for Largest UV Disinfection System in U.S.
- Calgon Carbon Awarded Montreal UV Contract
- Calgon Carbon Corp.: SENTINEL Chevron Ultraviolet Reactor Delivers Commitment to Water Quality
- Calgon Carbon Awarded Patent for Cryptosporidium Technology