Calgon Carbon in Talks to Form Alliance With Mitsubishi Chemical
Calgon Carbon Corp. is holding discussions with Mitsubishi Chemical Corp. to form an alliance for sales and reactivation of granular activated carbon (GAC) in Japan. The combination of both companies' technology and applications knowledge will bring more value to their customers in that region.
Mitsubishi is the largest producer of GAC in Japan. Calgon Carbon is the world's largest manufacturer of GAC and operates a reactivation facility in Fukui Prefecture, Japan.
Commenting on the announcement, Bill Cann, Calgon Carbon's chief financial officer, said, "We are excited about forming an alliance with another leader in the activated carbon industry. It should drive growth in carbon and service in Japan for both companies. In addition, for Calgon Carbon, the alliance is consistent with our strategy to expand our business globally."
More Like This
- Calgon Carbon Updates Efforts to Increase Shareholder Value
- Calgon Carbon Releases Information on Waterlink Acquisition
- Calgon Carbon Plant Workers Strike
- MHI Receives Order for Power Generation and Desalination Plant in Saudi Arabia
- Calgon Carbon and Bio Reaction Industries Complete Strategic Alliance