California American Water Accepting Applications for 2012 Environmental Grant Program
Total of $10,000 offered for community-based improvement projects in state
California American Water announced it is accepting applications for its 2012 Environmental Grant Program. The company will award several grants for a combined total of $10,000 to innovative community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect watersheds and drinking water supplies within the state.
A wide variety of conservation projects are eligible for funding, such as watershed cleanups, educational programs, biodiversity projects, waterway restoration projects, wellhead protection initiatives and hazardous waste collection efforts.
“We all share in the tremendous benefits California’s diverse watersheds provide as well as the responsibility to maintain them,” said Rob MacLean, president of California American Water. “That is why we are encouraging municipalities, schools, environmental organizations and civic groups to apply for a grant to support projects that will benefit their local water ecosystem.”
To qualify, a proposed project must be:
• Located within one or more of California American Water's service areas;
• Completed between May 1, 2012, and Nov. 30, 2012; and
• A new or innovative community initiative or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program.
Projects will be judged based on criteria that include clarity of project goals and projected impact, strength of collaboration with other community and/or municipal organizations, and evidence that the project will provide sustainable environmental results after California American Water's funding ends.
More information is available at www.californiaamwater.com.
More Like This
- Pennsylvania American Water Accepting Applications for Environmental Grant Program
- American Water Accepting Applications for Environmental Grant Program in Pennsylvania
- American Water Launches Environmental Grant Program in Pennsylvania
- American Water Funds 2009 Environmental Grant Programs
- American Water Funds 2010 Environmental Grant Programs