The Water Quality Assn. (WQA) shared highlights of its...
United Filters Intl.’s collection of NSF/ANSI Standard 42 and 53-approved carbon block filters remove or reduce many contaminants from fresh water. Manufactured of high-quality coconut-shell carbon, the filters are available in six models, from .5- to 10-micron nominal ratings. They are an economical solution for point-of-entry and point-of-use water filtration systems
UFI carbon block filter types:
• UCBCT—chlorine, taste and odor reduction; 5- and 10-micron ratings (white cap);
• UCBCL01—cyst and lead reduction; .5-micron (red cap);
• UCBCC01—lead reduction; .5-micron (white cap, blue netting);
• UCBCV01—VOC (volatile organic compound) reduction; .5-micron (blue cap);
• UCBCM01—chloramine reduction; 1-micron (yellow cap); and
• UCBCP01—lead, VOC and other chemicals reduction; radial flow (black cap)
Features and benefits of all UFI carbon block filters include:
• Chlorine, taste and odor reduction, as well as sediment and dirt reduction;
• Competitive price;
• Cyst and lead reduction filters based on NSF/ANSI Standard 53;
• Low pressure drop;
• Availability in 2.625-in. and 4.5-in. widths (OD) and 10-in. and 20-in. lengths; and
• Availability in case quantities only.