Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly describes review process
The following is an op-ed from Waukesha, Wis., Mayor Shawn Reilly on the review of Waukesha’s application to borrow and return Great Lakes water. The op-ed is titled “Review of Waukesha’s application for Great Lakes water shows the Compact is working.”
Waukesha’s proposal to borrow and return Lake Michigan water has undergone an intensive review, demonstrating a regional commitment to uphold the legal requirements of the Great Lakes Compact.
Imagine for a moment that you have decided to open your business all over again. For argument’s sake, let’s say you have moved into a brick-and-mortar office building. On day one, your first order of business is to get your operations up and running. On Monday morning, you will need to be aware of your overhead:
The importance of including a marketing plan in your budget
Almost all of the water that has ever existed on our planet is the same water we see today, 97% of which is non-potable seawater. The remaining 3% is freshwater, mostly locked in ice caps, glaciers and the ground. Only a fraction of a percentage is the surface water we typically depend on. To put it in perspective, if all of the Earth’s water were condensed down to fit into a single gallon jug, the freshwater readily available for our use would only equal about one tablespoon.
Standards & treatment considerations for rainwater harvesting systems
The company for which Parisian Jerome Papaya works, Puribec, started as a Kinetico water softener dealer primarily serving residential customers in the mid-sized Quebecois city of Rimouski. Today, it is the province’s official provider of Kinetico products, and has expanded its business to serve small commercial, municipal and industrial businesses, with 20 dealers in Quebec and some operations in West Africa. As the company has grown and evolved, so has Papaya’s career in the industry.
It All Started in Paris
Starting in a mid-sized city in Quebec, one company now extends its services to West Africa
I am guessing that many of you, like me, are master procrastinators. Case in point: I am writing this editorial letter on the day it is due. While some things, like my editorial letter, can be accomplished correctly and effectively even at the eleventh hour, there are some aspects of running a company that could negatively affect your business if you put off implementing them.
Managing Editor Kate Cline shares the negative impact procrastination can have on a business
Change is all around us, and being able to adapt to that change is key to business success, whether that means integrating new technologies or accommodating new regulations and certification requirements. The coming year is likely to bring plenty of change to the water quality industry, but these changes will bring opportunity.
WQP asked three industry experts to share their thoughts on the changes and trends that will affect the industry in 2015. From new regulations to evolving customer needs, there will be plenty of chances for our industry to adapt and find success.
AWWA CEO David LaFrance thanks water professionals nationwide for keeping water safe for drinking
Dec. 16, 2014, marked the 40th anniversary of the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), which today includes regulations for more than 90 contaminants. American Water Works Assn. (AWWA) CEO David LaFrance issued the following statement to mark the occasion.
Residential drinking water treatment unit products have many standards and protocols available to companies to demonstrate that their products have been tested and certified to verify that the materials that come into contact with drinking water are not harmful, the products are structurally sound and the performance reduction claims are accurate. Commercial products were seemingly left in the dust, however, and end users do not have a significant amount of guidance within the standards to make the same distinctions about these larger systems.
Testing & certification options for commercial water treatment systems
Google, Kleenex, Xerox, Wite-Out and Seeing Eye Dogs. These household names all share a common trait: They all carry an automatic recognition stimulus to the brain, yet not one of them is an actual product. They are however, brand names that have become synonymous with their product category. Have you Googled something lately? If you have a runny nose do you reach for a facial tissue or a Kleenex?
Four key aspects of a strong marketing plan
In 2011, the Water Quality Assn. (WQA) reported in Water Quality Products on the history of lead in drinking water and the difficulties of testing for it.
The challenges of creating a lead removal certification protocol