Researchers at Purdue University have...
The City of Santa Monica is expected today to announce a major settlement in the city's lawsuit against more than one dozen oil companies for contaminating five of the city's 11 water wells with Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether (MTBE).
In attendance will be
- Santa Monica Mayor Richard Bloom
- Santa Monica City Attorney Marsha Moutrie
- Santa Monica Director of Environmental and Public Works Management Craig Perkins
- Wayne Nastri, EPA Region 9 Administrator
- Susan Cloke, Chair, Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board
- Sally Hopkins, Shell Oil Company
- Rod Spackman, Chevron Oil Company
The meeting will take place at Arcadia Well Field in Los Angeles. The Arcadia site is where the MTBE treatment facility might be located. It also is the City Central Water processing facility.