Civil Engineers Announce Public Comment Period on Water Quality Management Professional Standard
The American Society of Civil Engineers' Environmental and
Water Resources Institute (ASCE/EWRI) today announced it will conduct a public comment period on revisions to its Comprehensive Transboundary International Water Quality Management Agreement (ASCE 33-01). The public comment period will be held from September 20, 2007 through November 5, 2007.
The purpose of the standard is to provide a framework riparian governments can adopt or modify for comprehensive water quality planning and management of shared water resources. The standard covers: declaration of purposes and policies, general provisions, administration, transboundary
water quality management, financing, dispute resolution, implementation, standards, and criteria.
To participate in the public comment period, contact Phillip Mariscal, ASCE standards administrator, at [email protected] or (703) 295-6338. For more information on this standard, or ASCE's standards program, please contact An Pham at [email protected] or (703) 295-6408.
More Like This
- Civil Engineers Call for Comment on Oxygen Transfer Rate Standard
- Public Comment Period on Water Infrastructure Security Professional Standard
- Civil Engineers Call for Comment on Design and Operation Standards
- Civil Engineers Announce Comment Period on Water Infrastructure Security Standard
- National Civil Engineering Society Calls for Comment on Proposed Standard