Dan Parris of Texas Receives NGWA Life Member Award
Parris has been in the groundwater industry since 1958
Dan Parris of Iola, Texas, received a Life Member Award from the National Ground Water Assn. (NGWA) for his more than 50 years of service in the furtherance of the groundwater industry and NGWA.
The award will be presented Dec. 8 at the 2010 NGWA Ground Water Expo and Annual Meeting in Las Vegas.
Parris began in the groundwater industry in 1958. Among the companies he has represented are Goulds Pumps, Floway Pumps, Houston Well Screen Co. and Johnson Screens. Currently he is a sales representative for Alloy Machine Works in Houston, which produces a variety of products including well screens for water wells.
Parris’ other groundwater industry contributions include serving leadership positions in both the Texas Ground Water Assn. and the NGWA.
“Dan Parris is a fixture in the groundwater industry and highly regarded by his peers,” said NGWA President John Henrich. “Dan has literally been a groundwater professional for a period that spans most of my life. I can think of no more fitting tribute for his many contributions to the groundwater industry than to make him a life member of NGWA.”
More Like This
- Two Groundwater Industry Veterans Elected to NGWA Board
- Candidates Seek Spots on National Ground Water Assn. Board of Directors
- NGWA Announces Groundwater Industry Award Winners
- NGWA CFO Chosen as Executive Director of Michigan Ground Water Assn.
- National Ground Water Assn. (NGWA) Announces Awards of Excellence Recipients for 2010