DTI Awarded EPA Contract to Develop Wastewater Processing Systems
Diversified Technologies Inc. has been awarded an Environmental Protection Agency grant to develop Pulsed Electric Field processing for the treatment of combined sewage outflows, a major contributor to water pollution in the U.S.
The PEF Wastewater Processing System is based upon a non-thermal process developed for liquid food processing and sterilization. This new technology is capable of providing a five-log reduction in bacteria at flow rates over one million gallons per day. The purification process can safely take place at the point-of-discharge and occurs in microseconds. Most importantly, it eliminates the use of chlorine, ozonation and other chemicals.
Specific terms of the contract were not disclosed.
More Like This
- GE Infrastructure Water & Process Technologies Hosts Process Treatment Summit
- GE Announces Strategic Alliance with Harrison Western
- Emerson Receives 2006 Frost & Sullivan Technology Leadership Award
- New Technology Is Key to Waterfront Cleanup
- Siemens Awarded $4 Million Grant to Develop New Seawater Desalination Technology