Earth Tech Wins Sewage Treatment Contract in Northern Ireland
Tyco Flow Control, a unit of Tyco International Ltd. announced that its Earth Tech division will partner with Farrans (Construction) Ltd., to reconstruct the Newry sewage treatment works for Water Service in Northern Ireland. The new treatment plant will service a population of over 63,000.
"The awarding of three consecutive contracts in Northern Ireland demonstrates the quality reputation that Earth Tech has earned in this region," said Diane C. Creel, president of Earth Tech.
Earth Tech is a global provider of water management, engineering technology and environmental and transportation services.
The winning proposal, developed by Earth Tech and Farrans, meets the planning conditions imposed by Water Service, while offering innovative solutions to the infrastructure challenges posed by the site.
The first Cyclic Activated Sludge System (CASS™) in Northern Ireland will be installed at Newry. The small footprint treatment plant is ideal at sites such as Newry, where space is limited due to congestion.
Based in Long Beach, Calif., Earth Tech employs 7,500 people in more than 150 offices world-wide. Earth Tech is a division of Tyco Flow Control, a unit of Tyco International Ltd.
More Like This
- Earth Tech Consortium Selected for Northern Ireland Public-Private Water Project
- Earth Tech Wins Wastewater Operation, Maintenance and Management Contract in Newburgh, New York
- Earth Tech to Design, Build and Operate, Ireland Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Earth Tech Appoints Regional Vice President for Eastern Water/Wastewater Contract Operations
- Earth Tech Successfully Assumes Operations of Sturgeon Bay Water and Wastewater Utilities