EP Minerals Provides Arsenic Removal Treatment for County of Sacramento
NXT-2 arsenic removal media selected for use in well in Walnut Grove, Calif.
NXT-2 arsenic removal media from EP Minerals, LLC, has been selected for use by Sacramento County, for use at its well in Walnut Grove, Calif. The well delivers a maximum flow rate of 300 gal per minute and has an average arsenic level of approximately 15 parts per billion (pbb). NXT-2 was selected after a thorough pilot test, which demonstrated its high arsenic holding capacity in order to provide the city with a cost-effective arsenic treatment, the company said. The NXT-2 media was sold through Filtronics, an authorized distributor for EP Minerals.
The NXT-2 patented technology was developed in cooperation between EP Minerals and the University of Nevada -- Reno, to provide cost-effective treatment for the removal of arsenic from drinking water to less than 10 ppb to meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency requirements. NXT-2 is a free-flowing,
lanthanum-based mixed metal oxy-hydroxide media that was designed to provide
maximum capacity through high surface area, and also improved stability against pH upset to prevent possible desorption of bound arsenic both during use and in landfill conditions, according to EP Minerals.
More Like This
- Filtronics, Inc., of Anaheim an Authorized Dealer of NXT-2 Media
- Severn Trent Provides Arsenic Removal Technology for Sharpe Army Depot in California
- California American Water and HDR Share APWA Award
- Severn Trent Services to Provide Arsenic Removal Technology for San Bernardino, Calif.
- Severn Trent to Provide Arsenic Removal Technology for County of Sacramento