EPA Grants AMSA Award for Water Security
Benjamin Grumbles, Acting Assistant Administrator for the Office of Water, has announced the award of $400,000 to the Association of Metropolitan Sewerage Agencies (AMSA) to support water security efforts.
The association will continue its efforts to enhance their Vulnerability Self Assessment Tool (VSAT) for use by wastewater and water utilities in assessing vulnerabilities to terrorist attacks.
The grant will be used to improve report functions, update and enhance countermeasures libraries, and include an emergency response function to help better secure the nation's drinking water and wastewater infrastructure.
More Like This
- AMSA Urges EPA to Finalize Blending Rule Timeline
- Registration Opens for National Clean Water Policy Forum
- EPA Awards $2 M Security Planning Grant to Help Small Drinking Water Utilities
- Abt Associates To Assist EPA Efforts to Protect Water Supply From Terrorist Attack
- Nationwide Security Training Opportunities for Water Systems Now Available