EPA To Honor Clean Water Partners
Recognizing the critical role that local governments play in protecting our nation's waters, EPA Administrator Christie Whitman and Assistant Administrator for Water G. Tracy Mehan III will present awards to local agencies from across the United States in ceremonies at EPA headquarters in Washington, D.C., on April 1, at 8:45 a.m.
As part of the celebration of the Year of Clean Water proclaimed by President George W. Bush, EPA's Office of Water is recognizing extraordinary actions taken by local governments to protect watersheds over and above the requirements of the Clean Water Act.
This includes actions such as protecting and restoring rivers, lakes, streams, and wetlands and initiating innovative local pollution prevention programs.
For further information, visit www.cleanwaterpartners.org.
More Like This
- EPA Honors Clean Water Partners for the 21st Century
- Whitman Commemorates Clean Water Act at Youth Watershed Summit
- Whitman Promotes Water Monitoring Activities for 30th Anniversary of Clean Water Act
- EPA Announces New Initiative to Protect and Preserve America’s Waterways
- EPA Cites U.S. Water Co. for Clean Air Act and Community Right-To-Know Violations