EPA to Host Webcast: Compost as a Best Management Practice
Webcast on using compost as a storm water best management practice will be held Jan. 8
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 5 is hosting a webinar on the innovative aspects of using compost as a storm water best management practice (BMP) on Jan. 8. This webinar is focused on how storm water managers can use compost blankets, berms and filters as a tool to reduce storm water runoff and improve soil quality. The guest speakers will discuss their experiences with compost and some of their ideas on other ways it can be used on landscapes to manage storm water runoff.
This webinar is one of a series that the EPA Region 5 is hosting to support the use of these BMPs, and thus increase the recycling of organic waste materials. Two other sessions will provide information to the composting industry and construction site managers. You can view the compost BMPs at http://cfpub.epa.gov/npdes/stormwater/menuofbmps/index.cfm and enter “compost” into the “search BMPs” line. For additional information on the BMPs visit: www.epa.gov/reg5rcra/wptdiv/ solidwaste/recycle/compost/roundtable.htm.
The webinar, “Compost Based Stormwater Best Management Practices,” will be held on Thursday, Jan. 8 at 10 a.m., Central Standard Time.
• Amy J. Sausen, environmental project coordinator, The Bruce Co. of Wisconsin; and
• Dwayne Stenlund, Office of Environmental Services, Turf and Erosion Control Engineering Unit, Minnesota Department of Transportation.
To participate in this webinar, register online at: https://srameeting. webex.com/srameeting/j.php?ED=95494307&RG=1&UID=0
Once your request is approved, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with instructions for joining the meeting.
1. Go to https://srameeting.webex.com/srameeting/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support."
More Like This
- AWWA Webcast Helps Utilities Meet Future Water Demands Through Water Source Development
- Storm Water Webcasts Offer Training for Municipal Managers
- Thermo Fisher Hosts Webinar Series for Water and Environmental Testing Laboratories
- EPA Offers Webcast on Decentralized Wastewater Systems
- WaterSense to Develop Specifications for Cation Exchange Water Softeners