Sacramento State officials advised university students, faculty and staff not to drink the water on campus after testing found...
One emergency administrative order was issued in six-month period
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 8 issued one emergency administrative order, 20 administrative orders and settled seven penalty actions under the Safe Drinking Water Act in Wyoming from April 1 through Sept. 30, 2010.
On June 6, EPA Region 8 issued an emergency administrative order against the town of Dixon after the system ran out of water in its storage tank, leading to a loss of pressure in the distribution system. In such situations, potentially harmful contaminants can enter the distribution system through cracks and leaks in the pipes. Dixon took necessary precautions to protect the residents during the pressure loss, and implemented a plan to prevent future loss-of-pressure events in its water distribution system.
EPA issued administrative orders to the following public water systems:
• A Bar A Ranch, Encampment;
• Ashley National Forest (Firehole Recreation Area), Sweetwater County;
• B&K MHP, Riverton;
• Baggs Man Camp, Casper;
• Bennor Subdivision, Gillette;
• Bentonite Performance Minerals/Colony, Colony;
• Bryan’s Place, Rozet;
• Burlington Resources, Lysite;
• Cozy Mobile Home Park, Riverton;
• Flying J Inc., Cheyenne;
• Four J School, Gillette;
• Little Bear Inn, Cheyenne;
• Lodore Supper Club, Sheridan;
• Town of Manville;
• Rawhide Resort, Dubois;
• Recluse School, Gillette;
• Sawmill Lodge, Dubois;
• Snowy Range Ski Area, Laramie;
• Turpin Meadow Ranch, Moran; and
• Wapiti Elementary School, Cody.
EPA settled penalty actions with the following public water systems, with the penalty amount noted:
• Evanston Port of Entry - WY Department of Transportation, Rock Springs, $4,500;
• Grand Teton Park RV Resort, Moran, $5,000;
• Q Roadhouse - BBQ-5, Wilson, $2,500;
• Town of Rock River, $4,500;
• Southside Well Improvement and Service District, Gillette, $1,200;
• Sunnyside Mobile Home Park, Riverton, $3,000; and
• Wycolo Lodge, Laramie, $1,200.