EPA Releases ‘Water You Waiting For’ Video
Video part of agency’s efforts to promote water sector careers as green jobs
A new video, "Water You Waiting For," is now available for viewing on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) website. Produced by EPA as part of the agency's efforts to promote water sector careers as green jobs, the video is designed for high school and vocational students. The video shows vocational students with internships at drinking water systems located in the states of Massachusetts and Connecticut, and highlights the many different types of jobs available at water utilities.
Published reports indicate that approximately 30% of the water sector workforce is eligible to retire in the next 10 years. EPA, American Water Works Assn. (AWWA) and Water Environment Federation (WEF) are partnering in various efforts to highlight the need for qualified professionals to enter this field.
The video can be accessed at http://www.epa.gov/safewater/operatorcertification/index.html and is expected to be available for viewing on AWWA and WEF websites early this summer.
More Like This
- WEF, AWWA Launch New 'Work for Water' Website
- EPA and Department of Veterans Affairs to Connect Veterans with Jobs in Water Sectors
- AWWA, WEF, With U.S. Department of Labor, EPA, Release New Water Sector Competency Model
- EPA’s Budget Proposal Seeks Efficiencies, Increased Environmental Protection
- U.S. EPA Releases State Water Reports