Evaluate Trade Shows Checklist
- Were you successful in meeting the targeted prospects? Did you get your theme across?
- Did you present the number of demonstrations you set as your goal? Were the audiences for these presentations as large as you hoped?
- Did you distribute the volume of literature you set as an objective? Did you get the targeted number of follow-up appointments?
- Did you meet your goal in registering new names for the company promotion list?
- What impressions from visitors about your products did you change or reinforce? To how many visitors?
- Did you close the number of direct sales you planned?
- Did you find the number of new sales representatives or suppliers you planned?
- Did you receive the editorial coverage from the trade press you planned?
- Did you or your staff meet the number of hidden buying influences for existing customers that you planned? Were key staff members introduced to the desired number of existing customers you had set as a goal?
- Did you learn all you planned to about competitors?
- Was the total attendance what you expected?
- Was the attendance what you expected in terms of job title, geographical location, type and size of company?
- Was the total number of visitors to the booth what you expected?
- Was the cost-per-person demonstration or sales call what you budgeted?
- Did you achieve the increased traffic through the exhibit you planned? How does that traffic compare with previous years?
- Was the quality and quantity of exhibitors what you expected?
- Did the exhibit arrive on time? Was it installed and dismantled according to schedule?
- Was traffic through the exhibit smooth and uncluttered?
- Was the exhibit team professional and competent?
- Did the exhibit attract the quality and type of prospects it was intended to? Did it hold their attention?
- Was the exhibit well-lighted, and did it provide ample space for salesmen to talk with interested prospects? Were products/services realistically portrayed?
- Did the exhibit design adequately identify the company and fit it to the theme of the show?
- Did the exhibit accurately reflect corporate colors, have adequate provisions for storing and distributing literature, and were products well displayed for viewing?
- Were the exhibits of competitors more or less effective?
- Why? Which ones?
- Was the exhibit constructed on time and within budget?
- Was the overall design and appearance of the exhibit consistent with the standards of effective exhibit design?