Fairbanks Morse Announces New Orleans Contract
Fairbanks Morse Pump, a division of Pentair Water, recently received a contract in excess of $20 million to provide a total of 3,850 cubic feet per second (1,724,800 gallons per minute) additional pumping capacity at the 17th Street Canal in New Orleans.
The pump station contract was awarded by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Hurricane Protection Office (HPO) Division.
Fairbanks Morse Pump, through its local distributor, Parson and Sanderson, Inc., will provide eleven pumps each capable of pumping 156,800 gallons per minute, driven through a Philadelphia right angle gear by a Caterpillar 1500 horsepower diesel engine. The pumps will provide supplementary drainage for the City of New Orleans during the hurricane season.
More Like This
- Fairbanks Morse to Supply Pumps for Flood Control in New Orleans
- Fairbanks Morse Announces Contract for New York City
- Pentair Unit Awarded Patent for Submersible Pump Motor Innovation
- Doppler Flowmeter Helps Measure Flow of the Rio Grande
- WWEMA Announces 2001 Executive Committee and Board of Directors