Geomatrix Consultants Funds MTBE/TBA Applied Research
February 8, 2001 Geomatrix Consultants, Inc. has signed an Industrial Grant agreement with the University of Waterloo to fund Dr. Douglas Mackay's research on innovative techniques to remediate methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) and tert-butyl alcohol (TBA). MTBE is a fuel additive used to reduce emissions in gasoline and TBA is a breakdown product of MTBE. MTBE has been found in groundwater supplies in many states including, California and New York. The Industrial Grant agreement continues Geomatrix's commitment to collaborative research with academic institutions, such as the University of Waterloo and the University of California.
Geomatrix is currently evaluating sites for potential inclusion in this MTBE/TBA study. Please contact Dr. Gino Bianchi-Mosquera at (949) 642-0245 or at [email protected] if you would like to receive additional information.
More Like This
- Environmental Assessment & Remediations, Receives Prestigious National Award
- Puls, Taylor & Woodson Sue Chevron Pipe Line Company for Polluting Fresh Water Source
- AMEC’s Einarson Wins National Groundwater Technology Award
- USGS Reports on Volatile Organic Compounds in Groundwater and Drinking Water Supply Wells
- Study Assesses San Francisco Bay Area Groundwater