Global Water Technologies Achieves Water Treatment Milestone
Global Water Technologies, Inc. (GWT), a full-service cooling water company utilizing advanced technologies and engineered solutions to provide process cooling water to power plants, process industry and municipalities worldwide, announced that it had achieved a significant milestone through the recent installation and start-up of a water cooling system supplied by GWT to General Electric for a Calpine Corp. power plant in Maine.
At the completion of this installation, GWT is thermally treating more than 18 billion gallons of water per day in 24 countries through its proprietary cooling water technology and equipment. Additionally, this latest installation was independently tested and confirmed an efficiency rating of over 106 percent. Efficiency of cooling water is an important element in overall power production and plant efficiency.
Commenting on these achievements, George Kast, president and CEO, stated, "I believe this demonstrates the significant market and the essential role that cooling water plays in all industries. Industry represents one of the largest water markets and GWT is well positioned to partner with them and capitalize on this growing segment."
More Like This
- Global Water Technologies Files for Chapter 11
- Global Water Subsidiary Addresses Energy, Water Conservation Mandate of Presidential Executive Order
- Global Water Technologies in Discussions to Sell Its Cooling Tower Subsidiary
- Report Forecasts Increase in Industrial Cooling Tower Market
- Applied Water Technologies to Provide Cooling Water Treatment to Schlumberger Training Center