Helen of Troy Ltd. Closes Acquisition of the PUR Business From Procter & Gamble
Agreement finalizes, PUR now part of Healthcare/Home Environment segment
Helen of Troy Ltd. announced the Dec. 30, 2011, closing of its previously reported agreement to acquire the PUR water purification products business from the Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G)
The PUR business sells and markets a variety of high-quality water filtration products under its namesake PUR brand in the growing water purification category. PUR's products include faucet mount systems and filters, pitcher systems and filters, and refrigerator filters.
“We expect to quickly integrate the PUR brands into our Healthcare/Home Environment segment, where it is a natural fit. The category shares the segment’s current customer base, target audience and product focus areas. PUR adds an important brand to our strong portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands for our retail partners and consumers,” said Gerald Rubin, CEO and president of Helen of Troy Ltd.
“We expect that sales of the PUR brand will be approximately $110 million on an annual basis, and that the acquisition will be immediately accretive to earnings,” he added.
More Like This
- Procter & Gamble Sells PUR Water Purification Business to Helen of Troy Ltd.
- PUR Water Rebrands With New Product Launch
- Cott Announces Second Step In Establishing Spring Water Bottling Network Across Canada
- Vermont Pure Holdings, Ltd. Acquires Assets of the Saratoga Spring Water Company
- Dow, Haier Sign Trademark License Agreement