Hungerford & Terry to Remove Radium from Vineland, N.J., Wells
Population growth in the region made compliance necessary
Hungerford & Terry, Inc. has been selected by the Vineland, N.J., to design equipment to remove radium from four municipal city wells. All of the systems for the four designated wells are identical in specifications and design, and each one includes two 102-in.-diameter exchangers to remove radium, to be completed summer 2009.
Prior to this radium removal process, Vineland had been unable to utilize these wells because they exceeded the MCL drinking water regulations for radium.
With the growth of the Vineland area and new expansion of their municipal water system, it was essential to bring these wells into compliance in order to meet growing demand for potable water.
More Like This
- City of Vineland, N.J., Awards Hungerford & Terry $1.4 Million Contract
- Hungerford & Terry Utilizes Radium Removal Process to Clean Up Vineland, N.J., Wells
- City of Vineland, N.J., Awards Hungerford & Terry Decontamination Contract
- Hungerford & Terry Awarded $2.3-Million Filtration Contract
- Facility Utilizing Hungerford & Terry Pretreatment Equipment Wins APWA Award