Hydraulic Institute Expands Membership Globally
Pump and supplier companies that manufacture outside of North America but sell into the North American market are now eligible for membership
Hydraulic Institute (HI) members voted to approve of a bylaw change that broadens membership eligibility to include pump and supplier companies that manufacture wholly outside of North America but sell into the North American market.
Previously, membership was only open to pump and supplier companies that had manufacturing or assembly operations in the U.S., Canada or Mexico.
“The expansion of HI’s membership footprint is a natural response to current conditions in the global marketplace," said HI Executive Director Robert Asdal. "It is in direct alignment with the institute’s stated vision to be a global authority on pumps and pumping systems. The active involvement of global companies will strengthen and add vitality to HI and the volunteer committees that drive the standards, guidelines, education programs and other initiatives of the Institute. We expect both our current and new international members, as well as the North American pump industry as a whole, to benefit from the change.”
More Like This
- Hydraulic Institute Expands Membership Globally
- The Hydraulic Institute Opens Registration for Fall Management and Technical Meeting
- Thomas E. Ferguson Elected President of the Hydraulic Institute
- Thirty Three Pump & Supplier Companies to Lead ‘Pump Systems Matter’
- Hydraulic Institute Brings Back Website