Hydraulic Institute Expands Membership Globally
Membership opened to companies that manufacture outside of North America but sell into the North American market
Membership in the Hydraulic Institute (HI) has been opened to pump and supplier companies that manufacture wholly outside of North America but who sell into the North American market. This change significantly expands HI membership opportunities globally.
According to HI Executive Director Robert Asdal, “Expanding HI’s membership footprint beyond North America is a natural response to the global marketplace. This move also aligns with HI’s vision to be a global authority on pumps and pumping systems. The active involvement of global companies, and their executives and engineers, will add vitality to HI and the volunteer committees that create standards, guidelines and training programs of the institute and its Pump Systems Matter educational organization. We expect both our current and new international members to benefit from the change.”
International members will be encouraged to participate in HI activities to take advantage of the full range of programs and services of the institute, including:
- Developing pump standards, guidebooks and educational materials;
- Networking with their pump industry counterparts in North America;
- Participating in HI’s global statistics program and economic forecasting trends;
- Broadening their exposure to the North American marketplace; and
- Staying current with industry and HI news and participating in events.
The first three members to join HI under this program are: Shinmaywa (Japan); Hayward Tyler (Great Britain); and Gilbert, Gilkes and Gordon (Great Britain).