Hydraulic Institute Releases Reference Book for Pump and Seal Professionals
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) has announced plans to release a new guideline entitled "Mechanical Seals for Pumps: Application Guidelines" in January 2007.
HI's "Mechanical Seals for Pumps: Application Guidelines" is a 300-page reference book that provides pump and seal professionals, end users and consulting engineers with useful and current pump mechanical seal knowledge. The Institute's guideline has descriptions and explanations, tables, and photographs that rotating equipment OEMs, EPC professionals, plant engineers, and maintenance and reliability specialists need to ensure system reliability and increase Mean Time Between Repairs (MTBR).
Based on the guideline, the Hydraulic Institute and the Fluid Sealing Association (FSA) will jointly offer a mechanical seals short course during the Texas A&M Pump Users Symposium on March 5, 2007 in Houston. The course will focus on mechanical seal designs and arrangements, basic operating principles and application limits, seal chamber design and pressures, installation, troubleshooting, and life cycle costing. All students will be provided with a copy of the new guidebook with their registration fee. Registration details can be found at www.Pumps.org.
Copies of "Mechanical Seals for Pumps: Application Guidelines" are available for $195.00 by visiting www.Pumps.org.
More Like This
- Thirty Three Pump & Supplier Companies to Lead ‘Pump Systems Matter’
- Hydraulic Institute Teams Up to Offer Mechanical Seal and Pumping Systems Optimization Courses
- Hydraulic Institute Introduces First Industry Web-Based Education Program
- Hydraulic Institute Releases New, Expanded Version of ANSI/HI Standards on CD-ROM
- Hydraulic Institute Launches Interactive Job Board