IBWA Prepares for Hurricane Rita
Hurricane Rita is expected to have a significant impact on Texas, Louisiana and other areas of the Gulf region and IBWA announced that it has its emergency response team in motion to help ensure the bottled water industry has current and useful information for bottled water relief operations. IBWA has reached out to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to ensure that open communication is maintained so that IBWA and DHS have effective and efficient means of sharing vital information.
IBWA will gather and disseminate information for Hurricane Rita relief operations and direct those who wish to participate to use the information below to determine contact and staging details. Hurricane Rita and Hurricane Katrina information is being maintained and updated on the IBWA web site (www.bottledwater.org), both in the scrolling highlights section, in the special "pop-up" Hurricane Information Center, and in the IBWA News Center.
Federal Emergency Management Agency: www.fema.gov
American Red Cross: www.redcross.org
Salvation Army: www.salvationarmy.org
Southwest Emergency Response Network: www.swern.gov
Southeast Emergency Response Network: www.seern.gov
More Like This
- IBWA Makes Emergency Response Directory Available to Public
- IBWA Commemorates Hurricane Katrina, Kicks Off National Preparedness Month
- IBWA Promotes Importance of Clean, Safe Water in Hurricane Preparedness
- IBWA Honored by American Society of Association Executives
- Bottled Water Industry Provides Drinking Water for Hurricane Sandy Victims