Ionics Introduces New Ultrafiltration Technology
Ionics, Inc., will partner with NORIT Membrane Technology BV to market and sell NORIT advanced ultrafiltration technology for municipal drinking water applications.
The new agreement will enhance Ionic's ability to provide membrane separation technology through ultrafiltration, a key membrane-based water treatment technology that meets the increasingly stringent regulations for ensuring drinking water quality. NORIT's ultrafiltration technology, which meets NSF standard 61, provides removal of waterborne microorganisms including viruses and bacteria with more than 6 log removal of Cryptosporidium and giardia. Since the introduction of this technology in 1995, more than 130 million gallons per day of NORIT ultrafiltration membrane capacity has been installed.
"In addition to superior performance, NORIT's patented membrane module, known as X-Flow, offers clients a uniquely compact design with lower plant operating and maintenance costs," said Antonia von Gottberg, manager of product development for Ionics.
(Source: Ionics, Inc.)
More Like This
- Ionics Receives $10M Contract for Texas Power Plant
- Ionics Begins Work for the City of Minneapolis on Ultrafiltration System
- Ionics Awarded $4.5M Contract for 15 MGD Surface Water Treatment Plant in Texas
- Ionics Receives Orders Totaling $320 Million for World's Largest Membrane-Based Water Reuse Project
- Ionics Joins Toray, Mitsui USA In Membrane Joint Venture