Itron Partners with Metron-Farnier
Itron Inc. announced it has signed an agreement with Metron-Farnier, LLC, authorizing the water meter company to be a distributor of Itron Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) technology.
This agreement follows the product authorization of the Metron OER encoded register now deployed on all Spectrum and Enduro single-jet water meters.
Metron-Farnier was established in 1990 to introduce one of the first single-jet water meters into the U.S. water meter market. The Spectrum product line offers the range of compound meters with a single moving part, resulting in extreme low flow measurement capabilities along with minimal maintenance. More than 500 U.S. water utilities are using Metron’s single-jet technology.
Jeff Olson, Metron-Farnier marketing director, says the product synergy between the advanced single-jet meters and Itron’s drive-by and fixed network solutions has produced immediate industry interest.
"The low-flow sensitivity of the encoded meters coupled with the advanced AMR capabilities give a water utility the best of all worlds—accurate measurement, reliable communications and advanced data management. We look forward to partnering with Itron."
More Like This
- Actaris Releases Flostar Single Jet Meters in Turbine Lay Lengths
- Itron and Axway Announce Strategic Partnership
- Badger Meter Selected for Second Phase of Large Automatic Metering Project in Houston
- Itron Adds Another Fixed Network Deployment of Smart Meters in Canada
- Itron, Inc. and Silver Spring Networks Announce Partnership