Jacobs Receives Watershed Facility and Combined Sewer Overflow Planning Contract Extension
Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc. announced that a subsidiary company was awarded a one-year contract extension by the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District (MSD) to provide system-wide wastewater planning services. MSD is the local municipal agency responsible for managing wastewater and storm water collection and treatment for the City of St. Louis and a large portion of the greater St. Louis County metropolitan area.
Officials disclosed the contract value of the one-year effort at $6.3 million.
Jacobs is beginning the third year of a multiyear planning contract supporting MSD's long-range master planning program, with increased emphasis in hydraulic modeling and watershed planning, reducing sanitary sewer overflows, and developing a long-term control plan for combined sewer overflows. Jacobs' services include engineering analysis of proposed improvements based on compliance with environmental regulatory requirements, future growth, system efficiency, required expansion, and project priority.
In making the announcement, Jacobs Group Vice President Allyn Taylor said, "We are pleased to continue our 30-year history of service to MSD by serving as an extension of their staff and planning for the delivery of an estimated $3.7 billion of phased city- and county-wide infrastructure improvements that will benefit residential, commercial, and industrial customers for decades to come."
More Like This
- Jacobs Receives Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District's Watershed Facility Planning Contract
- RJN Group, Inc. Awarded Amendment for Major Contract by St. Louis Metropolitan Sewer District
- Tarlton Team Completes 96-In. Diversion as Part of MSD Lemay Wet Weather Expansion
- Clean Water Act Settlement Reached With Kentucky Utility
- CH2M HILL Names Team Leader and Technology Director