Joint Organizations Update Standard Methods Water Manual
New 22nd edition of Standard Methods for water analysis now available
The water examination manual “Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater” was recently expanded and revised and is now available in its 22nd edition.
Published jointly by the American Public Health Assn. (APHA), the American Water Works Assn. (AWWA) and the Water Environment Federation (WEF), Standard Methods reflects the latest developments in water analysis. One significant change in the new edition is an emphasis on quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) practices. Both the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Standard Methods Committee indicate that QA/QC is necessary to ensure that each method produces accurate results. In total, more than 40% of the book is new or updated.
“Along with [AWWA] and [WEF], APHA is proud to put forth the updated 22nd edition of this widely used and valued manual,” said Georges C. Benjamin, APHA executive director. “In an effort to remain current with the latest science and best practices, the latest edition of the Standard Methods provides greater guidance on quality control steps for those in the field.”
More Like This
- Latest Edition of Standard Methods for Water and Wastewater Published
- AWWA Publishes New Edition of Water Quality & Treatment Handbook
- AWWA Announces WQTC Call for Papers Deadline
- New Web Site Keeps Water Quality Testing Standards Current, Accessible
- NSF Intl. Updates Standard to Address Health Effects of Pool, Spa Chemicals