MIOX Selected for Yas Island Water Park in Abu Dhabi
Future park to disinfect its water with onsite sodium hypochlorite generator system
MIOX Corp. last week announced that it has been selected to supply three RIO mid-size onsite sodium hypochlorite generators to disinfect the aquatic features at Yas Island Water Park in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The water park will utilize three MIOX RIO H5 units, capable of generating a total of 1,500 lb of free available chlorine (FAC) on site per day. MIOX distributor CoolTech Gulf was integral to winning the project with ALEC, the contractor who was awarded the $165 million contract for the water park.
"We are thrilled to have been chosen to be a part of this exciting project in the U.A.E.," said MIOX vice president of sales and marketing Bob Newton. "The developer has committed to making this facility one of the most environmentally friendly and sustainable water parks in the world."
"We are equally excited to be part of this premium project, which has a stringent specification for on-site disinfection generation. MIOX RIO's efficient performance characteristics and MIOX team's quick responses to address any design queries played a huge part in our client's selection process," said Peter Tracey, CoolTech Gulf general manager.
Using salt, water and power to generate chemistry onsite eliminates the need to purchase, transport and store potentially hazardous bulk chemicals, and is a more environmentally sustainable method compared to other aquatics treatment alternatives.
More Like This
- MIOX Selected to Treat Reclaimed Water for Emerald Coast Utility Authority’s Pensacola Plant
- City of Tempe (Ariz.) Installs On-Site Sodium Hypochlorite Generating Systems at Two Water Plants
- MIOX Corp. Provides Disinfection for China’s City of Dreams
- Rio Rancho, N.M., Mayor Applauds Recent Recognition for MIOX Corp.
- Onsite Sodium Hypochlorite Generating System Helps United Utilities Meet Standards