MSA Manager Honored for Service in Fall Protection Standards Development
Joseph Feldstein received the ASSE Charles V. Culbertson Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service in 2007-2008
Joseph Feldstein, manager of MSA’s fall protection technical services, has been honored with an award for distinguished service from American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), the oldest and largest professional safety organization, with 30,000-plus members.
The ASSE Charles V. Culbertson Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service in 2007-2008 recognizes his work on the ANSI Z359-2007 Fall Protection Code and his service since 1999 as Chairman of the US Technical Advisory Group to ISO TC94/SC4. This award (presented to 111 recipients in the last 25 years) recognizes select ASSE members whose exemplary volunteer service has helped advance the occupational safety, health and environmental profession.
Feldstein, who has 18 years of experience in fall protection product design and standards development, also holds the following affiliations:
• Member, ASSE, Engineering Practice Specialty;
• Executive Committee, ANSI Z359 Fall Protection in General Industry;
• Member, ANSI A10.32 Standards Committee for Fall Protection in Construction Industry;
• Vice-Chair, CSA Technical Advisory Committee for Fall Protection;
• Chair, ISEA Fall Protection Group;
• Member, Board of Directors, International Society for Fall Protection; and
• Chair, Scaffold Industry Association, Fall Protection Safety Council
He has published articles in over 15 publications, including Occupational Hazards, ISEA Journal, Roads & Bridges, American Lift & Handler Magazine, Masonry, Construction Business Owner, Progressive Distributor, and Journal of Protective Coatings & Linings, and has presented at numerous conferences and symposia.
He also holds a patent for the curvilinear design feature, used currently in MSA’s TechnaCurv full-body harness for fall arrest, and is a 2006 recipient of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health’s Bullard-Sherwood Award. He has a degree in physical sciences from Colorado State University.
More Like This
- OSHA Appoints NUCAs Strudwick to Construction Advisory Committee
- Hydraulic Institute Announces Member of the Year Award
- Insituform Plant Attains OSHA's Star Status in Voluntary Protection Program
- Water Environment Federation Announces 2008 WEF Excellence Award Recipients
- NGWA Government Affairs Activist Wins Award