National Water Program Guidance Now Available on the Web
The National Water Program Guidance for FY 2006 is now available on the Office of Water website at www.epa.gov/water/waterplan.
The Guidance describes strategies for accomplishing the key environmental and public health goals in the EPA Strategic Plan.
The Executive Summary of the Guidance describes top priorities for FY 2006. Included in the Guidance are measures of program activities that support each of ten key environmental goals (i.e. subobjectives that support the overall goals of clean and safe water). EPA Regional offices will be working with States and Tribes to develop "commitments" under these measures over the next several months using general "targets" in the Guidance. These final commitments are to be included in State/EPA grant agreements, performance partnership agreements, and other documents.
The Guidance also includes information about the management system for assessing progress toward the environmental goals and the new Agency initiative to link program grants to support of these environmental goals. Printed copies of the Guidance are available from EPA Regional Offices and from Elana Goldstein in the Office of Water 202/564-1800.
More Like This
- FY 2009 National Water Program Guidance is Released
- Fiscal Year 2010 National Water Program Guidance Released
- Draft Fiscal Year 2009 National Water Program Guidance Released for Comments
- Water Sector Security Needs, Administration Directives Require Continued Research Funding
- EPA Releases Progress Report on Climate Change and Water