New Iberia Wastewater Filters to Incorporate Multiblock Underdrain
The city of New Iberia, La., is adding a wastewater filtration system to increase production and offer better operational control. The filtration system will include USFilter's Multiblock underdrain system along with new wash troughs, media and extensive filter controls.
There will be twenty filter cells in the new project.
The underdrains will provide concurrent air and water backwash capability to improve cleaning efficiency. Multiblock underdrains provide uniform air and water backwash distribution during the backwash process.
Constructed of corrosion resistant HDPE plastic, the system offers superior corrosion resistance with little maintenance. To minimize overall maintenance requirements, stainless steel wash troughs were also included in the design. Coupled with extensive Ethernet controls, the system will allow the city to have a completely automated plant with minimal operator attention.
The plant was designed by Domingue, Szabo & Associates, Inc., and Cajun Constructors, Inc., was the contractor for the project.
More Like This
- Automated High Rate Filters Improve Performance, Reduce Costs
- Distributed Control System Offers Local & Central Access
- Turnkey Automation Available To Water Works Industry
- Severn Trent Services Will Showcase New Technologies at IFAT 08
- Leopold Awarded Contract to Rebuild Tertiary Filters at 390 MGD Facility