New Jersey American Water Announces Conservation Drawing Contest Winners
Jillian Johnson submitted drawing about using rainwater to water gardens
Jillian Johnson, of Union Beach, N.J., won New Jersey American Water's SAVE OUR WATER! Art Contest for seven to 12 year olds. According to the company, Johnson’s drawing vividly conveyed how you can collect rainwater instead of using a hose to water the garden. The SAVE OUR WATER! Art Contest was held this spring for customers' children to encourage them to draw a picture that conveys the importance of using water wisely in the summer.
"New Jersey American Water had so many great entries and it was difficult to choose winners," said Peter Eschbach, director of communications and external affairs at New Jersey American Water. "We appreciate all of your participation and hope you will participate again next year."
Johnson will play a role in the company's next series of “Splash” videos on conservation. David VanLew from Long Branch, N.J., placed second and Nicole Falcon of Allenhurst, N.J., received third place. Other winners will receive gift cards from American Express.
More Like This
- New Jersey Park Adds Rain Garden
- New Jersey American Water to Use Solar Electricity to Save Energy
- New Jersey Churchgoers Take to Streets to Fight Global Killer
- New Jersey American Water Debuts State's Largest Ground-Mounted Solar Electricity System
- Preparing to Celebrate National Drinking Water Week