New Jersey Contractor Installed As 38th NUCA President
William P. Bowman, owner of The Bowman Group in West Berlin, N.J., was installed as the 38th president of the National Utility Contractors Association during the NUCA EXPO 04 & Underground Safety Symposium in Orlando, Fla., February 18-21.
Bowman said he is committed to broadening NUCAs presence in the construction industry and to opening up NUCAs membership to different companies and entities. "NUCA must represent all parties who have a stake in the underground utility construction industry, from companies that do 100 percent underground work to those companies that do 5 percent underground utility work," Bowman said.
"Our industry is complex and is becoming more complex each year. Contractors are no longer the only risk takers," he added. "Owners, manufacturers, and government authorities all have a stake in what we do. Safety, technical training and education, project management and oversight, legislative issues, and funding are all industry-wide concerns and liabilities. NUCA governance and staff are addressing these issues and will continue to address these issues."
More Like This
- NUCA Issues Charters to Three New Chapters
- OSHA Appoints NUCAs Strudwick to Construction Advisory Committee
- NUCA Testifies For Higher SRF Appropriations, More Jobs For Contractors
- NUCA Foundation Grants Target Industry Recruitment and Safety
- NUCA President Testifies on Proposed Clean Water Restoration Act