Awards will be presented during the NGWA Groundwater Expo and Annual Meeting in December
The National Ground Water Assn. (NGWA) congratulated the recipients of its 2014 Awards of Excellence, Outstanding Groundwater Project Award and Divisional Awards, which will be presented this December during the NGWA Groundwater Expo and Annual Meeting in Las Vegas.
Long-time NGWA member W. Richard Laton, Ph.D., PG, CHG, CPG, received the association's top honor as the recipient of the Ross L. Oliver Award for outstanding contributions to the groundwater industry. Laton is an associate professor of hydrogeology at California State University, Fullerton.
The other 2014 NGWA award recipients follow.
Awards of Excellence
- Fred Molz, Ph.D., research professor and distinguished scientist emeritus at Clemson University, Anderson, S.C. — M. King Hubbert Award for major contributions to groundwater science;
- Henry Baski, Baski Inc., Englewood, Colo.; Richard Henkle, Garden City, Kan.; Steven P. Maslansky, Maslansky GeoEnvironmental, Prescott, Ariz. — Life Member Awards;
- James Rumbaugh, Environmental Simulations Inc., Reinholds, Pa. — Technology Award;
- The late Ralph Cadwallader, Loop Tech Intl. Inc., Crabbs Prairie, Texas, and Miami Conservancy District, Dayton, Ohio — Special Recognition Awards;
- U.S. Sen. Rob Portman — Groundwater Protector Award; and
- Beverly L. Herzog, Champaign, Ill.— Standard Bearer Award.
Outstanding Groundwater Project Award
- Essential Management Solutions LLC, former Herington, Kan., Army Air Base Project — Groundwater Remediation Award
- Paul Barlow, Ph.D., U.S. Geological Survey, Northborough, Mass., and Stanley Leake, U.S. Geological Survey, Tucson, Ariz. — John Hem Award for significant scientific or engineering contributions to the understanding of groundwater;
- W. Richard Laton, Ph.D., PG, CHG, CPG, California State University, Fullerton, Santa Ana, Calif. — Keith E. Anderson Award for outstanding contributions to NGWA's Scientists and Engineers Div.;
- Kris Jackson, Pentair, Delevan, Wis. — Manufacturers Div. Special Recognition Award; and
- Mark Durham, Gicon Pumps & Equipment Ltd., Abernathy, Texas — Supplier of the Year Award.
National Ground Water Assn.