NGWA Conference to Focus on Western U.S. Groundwater Issues
The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) will host its Western Focus Ground Water Conference May 16 to 17 in San Francisco to explore MTBE and perchlorate remediation, legal issues and a broad range of groundwater topics critical to the U.S. West.
The conference opens Tuesday, May 16, with a morning general session followed by an MTBE/TBA remediation seminar that runs concurrently with the presentation session, Perchlorate: Assessment, Remediation and Public Policy.
On Wednesday, May 17, the presentation session MTBE: Assessment, Remediation and Public Policy will run all day while an afternoon MTBE workshop takes place concurrently. Presenters include: Stan Alpert of The Alpert Firm on Vapor Intrusions: Legal Impact of a Lingering Problem; John Gibbs, M.D., of Kerr-McGee Corp. on Perchlorate Levels in Organically Grown Leafy Vegetables; and Patrick Longmire of Los Alamos National Laboratory on Aqueous Geochemistry and Environmental Fate of Perchlorate.
More Like This
- NGWA to hold MTBE and Perchlorate Conference
- NGWA Conference to Focus on Fractured Rock and Eastern Groundwater Issues
- 2012 Ground Water Summit Will Focus on ‘Innovate and Integrate’ Theme
- NGWA November Conference to Focus on Gasoline and Organic Chemicals in Ground Water
- Environmental Law Conference to Focus on Ground Water Law and Contamination Litigation